Saturday, July 24, 2010


Drove for a few hours today crossing into Wisconsin and arriving at Tilleda. It wasn’t too bad of a drive really it was just the final destination that sucks. Okay that’s a little harsh but lets just say I’m glad we are only staying here for one night. The drive into the campsite was through a cute little town and it’s right on the river, but the campsite is kinda gross and we have the worst spot in the park, probably cos we are only paying $10.00; I think if they asked us for more though I’d have to leave. The space was quite difficult to get into as there was no room to maneuver but with a little help from a couple of the long term residents we managed; or rather Mike managed and I just got in the way. I hate it when we have to set everything up with people watching from all sides. When we finally got set up we were half on the basketball court and if I looked out the window I was staring at our neighbours washing hanging on a line suspended from the trees. I think they had had some before we got here, as the place is really muddy and water logged. Mike thinks maybe since there are no sewer hookups that everyone just drains their tanks straight onto the ground – I hope I’m right. Anyway we didn’t let Tal-y run too much just in case. We walked around the river, which was brown (I’m beginning to think maybe Mike was right) and then spent the rest of the evening inside. I think we are maybe a little snobby, and to be fair everyone was friendly enough, still one night will be sufficient thank you very much. We did lose a hubcap off the trailer sometime during the drive today but Mike assures me that everything holding the wheel on is still in place and that he has re-greased it and duct taped everything in place – man’s answer to everything!

Mike: Tilleda Falls is Bubba-ville-Chapter 2. Ah!, bailing wire and duck tape, mans best friend. I spent too much time in Mexico!


No comments:

Post a Comment