Friday, August 20, 2010


Had a fairly leisurely morning before heading into Gaylord for lunch at a Mexican restaurant that actually has good food; although there are only two items on the entire menu that we could eat, bloody meat eaters!
After beans, rice and tortillas we visited the Call of the Wild museum. I didn't really want to go since looking at dead animals that have been stuffed is not really something that I enjoy doing; I'm not sure why people feel the need to kill them just so they can stuff them and put them on the wall. Anyway we went and it wasn't so bad really and the animals weren't killed just for the museum displays but were acquired from across the country by the family that created the museum. It was very well put together with the animals all shown with backdrops depicting their natural habitats. It was also very educational and I now know the difference between chipmunks and gophers; I'll be able to tell Tal-y which one she has the next time she catches one! They had a little of everything from porcupines to grizzlies to mountain lions which were perhaps the scariest; I'm glad I didn't see one of them while we were in Whistler.

Mike: I bet they're glad they didn't see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment