Thursday, August 26, 2010


Had a really, really long drive today, about six hours from St. Clair to Jefferson, Ohio. Fortunately we got a super early start as I managed to get my butt out of bed before seven o’clock. We were on the road by nine and got here around 3.30ish. The drive other than being long wasn’t too bad and we didn’t hit too much traffic even though we drove through the middle of downtown Detroit, Toledo, and Cleveland. We got to use the Ohio turnpike for about 70 miles and thankful we are a class 3 vehicle and not a class 7; I’m retired, I can’t afford to pay $22.00 to use the turnpike. Ohio is another beautiful state, all lush and green and everything looks to be well taken care of; a little like Michigan only nicer.
The campsite is just outside Jefferson and we had to take a little detour to get here, as there are loads of low narrow bridges in this area. It is a gorgeous place now that we are here, right on Kenisee Lake, with three other smaller lakes on the campsite. We got to choose our own site and mike picked one that is over looking Lake Kenisee. It’s a beautiful space and the view is amazing, I just hope that the chocks hold and I don’t wake up tomorrow morning to discover that I a fish eye view of the lake!
We are both off to bed early tonight, it’s amazing how tired driving makes me, even when it’s Mike that’s actually doing the driving part.

Mike: This is a nice park and I like Ohio. I hope we don't end up in the lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment