Sunday, August 29, 2010

Took Mike and Tal-y for a walk around the lake this morning; It’s very beautiful and peaceful. Even though there are quite a few people on the campsite none of them seem to spend a whole lot of time around the lake – maybe cos they’re old and have trouble walking??? Whatever the reason it’s nice to have the whole area to ourselves in the mornings, it’s very tranquil. After that the first stop of the day was of course The Waffle House where we didn’t order quite as much food as yesterday. Tell me though, what’s the point of ordering egg whites rather than eggs, is it really healthier, shouldn’t an egg be eaten as a whole?
Took a drive to Geneva-on-the-Lake after brunch with the intention of going to the Celtic Fest that was going on at the Old Firehouse Winery this weekend. When we got there there were a bunch of tables set up and some dude singing, not even a Scottish or Irish dude I might add, and that was the fest. I think from now on anything that has anything to do with a fest, for whichever country, is something I am going to stay away from. We are two for two so far this trip, not a good batting average.
While we were out running around Mike decided that we need a bird feeder; personally I think he’s feeling inferior to all the people here who have their own little gardens outside their trailers. Anyway since we are here a while we picked one up and now it’s hanging outside on the tree; we’ll probably get up in the morning and the squirrels will have emptied the whole thing while we were sleeping.
We watched Clash of the Titans tonight, when will I ever learn, another bad movie and two more hours that I’ll never get back, I could have been ironing.

Mike: I like my bird feeder! You could iron while you watch TV!




No comments:

Post a Comment