Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Headed into Springfield today which was about a half hour drive away from where we are staying. Since we didn’t head out till mid morning we stopped for lunch at On The Border, the first one since leaving San Diego. We had really good food, their enchiladas were better than in San Diego and I’d forgotten how much I love their salsa. Anyway, that was probably the highlight of my day, the highlight of Mikes was getting to visit the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. I have to admit it was actually a pretty cool place with lots of memorabilia and info about the game. Mike enjoyed remembering and reminiscing about all the players he’s watched since he was a little boy – it’s amazing how good his memory still is that he can remember that long ago! They also had uniforms and shoes from players and seeing the size of those trainers it’s amazing that they don’t fall over their own feet, they are huge.
There were a number of interactive items including being a sports caster and playing one on one with a virtual NBA player. Mike did both, his game calling wasn’t too bad but Jason Kidd schooled him in their virtual game – the mustard came off Mike’s hot dog on more than one occasion, but I think he had fun. After going through all the floors there was a full size basketball court where you could practice your game. I have to admit that I am terrible and thankfully no pictures were taken of me with a basketball in my hands. Mike however was awesome and he even managed to dunk the ball and pose for the camera at the same time, check it out.

Mike: That was a fun day! My long term memory is good! Where were we yesterday?















No comments:

Post a Comment