Thursday, October 28, 2010

I don’t think mam and dad are enjoying the tent at the moment since they got up this morning and everything was damp. It did rain yesterday and last night but it has before now. I think the trouble is that it’s a lot warmer here than it was when it rained in Niagara so the condensation builds up inside the tent – that’s my theory anyway. Dad wasn’t too happy when he came in the trailer this morning while he was standing making tea, hopefully it’ll be better here in Accord and we won’t have any more rain while they are here.
Packing up wasn’t the most fun as everything was wet from the rain, the tent, the mat, everything. We got it done though and got on the road. We came into Accord a much different way than the last time we were here and ended up going through some state park that had super steep, super bendy roads; sometimes I think Nell takes the scariest route just to mess with my head!
Anyway we got here and it was nice and sunny and fairly warm so we spread the bedding over the tables, put up the tent and left all the windows open to air it our while we went to have pizza for lunch. When we got back everything was much drier and all aired, which should make tonight much better for them as it’s cooler and we are not expecting rain.
Oh, I found a tick on my leg tonight, and when Mike squished it a whole bunch of my blood came out!

Mike: Its very disconcerting to wake up in the morning, in the dark, with a man standing in the middle of the trailer staring into space!

No comments:

Post a Comment