Monday, November 15, 2010


We moved on today to Williamsburg where we are going to spend the next four days. We didn’t get too early a start and packed up at a nice leisurely pace since our drive today was only 50 minutes. Mike’s been having a little trouble with hitching and unhitching the trailer as he can’t seem to get the trailer high enough to get it on and off the tow bar so today I took matters into my own hands and hitched up all by myself. Okay, they previous statement isn’t entirely true, but I did back the truck onto the trailer today for the first time – I was awesome! Okay, Mike backed the truck up almost the whole way, then because he weighs more than me he stood on the bumper while I backed the truck up the last 2½ inches. You thought I was going to say feet didn’t you, anyway I was still awesome.
The drive down here was uneventful and really, really short. This is a really nice park too, not as big as the last one but very open, and with very few people. We did have a visitor come chat to us while we were getting set up, a round bellied bloke from the other side of the road who didn’t seem to have all his teeth – you meet all sorts in these places, he was actually ex military and very nice. This park is a little different than most of the Thousand Trail parks as instead of being in the middle of nowhere, this one is right beside the freeway; we can hear the traffic noise from the park but at least we have easy access to everything. We took a drive just down the road this afternoon and there are some good restaurant and shops about 5 minutes away from us.
Mike is happy, super fast internet, all the local TV channels, and phone service, - you just don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone!

Mike: Can I still make lots of noise?




No comments:

Post a Comment