Thursday, February 17, 2011

I woke up this morning to what sounded a lot like rain but when I looked outside it was just really foggy. We got started early with Mike getting up on the roof and covering over the air conditioning unit. After emptying the water heater he taped it up along with the fridge and heater vents. I cleaned out the toilet for the last time for 7+ months, and since the tanks are going to be sitting empty I gave it an extra good clean today. Around ninish we headed upto the office to do a last load of laundry and to sort out the rent on the storage space. I had a bit of a panic as when we got to the laundry it was locked and we were informed that the water was off throughout the park due to a water main break. Fortunately it wasn’t off more than half an hour and I got my laundry in the washing machine while Mike picked out our storage space. We actually got done with getting the trailer ready fairly early so mike drove it over into storage and got it parked up; he did the backing onto the wood blocks himself as he does it so much easier when I don’t help. Then we unhitched the truck so we could do some last minute running around and also so we could change out the tow bar, and set to work finishing up getting the trailer straight. I did help with this bit, I put the wheel covers on all by myself while Mike disconnected the battery and propane tanks.
After taking care of my laundry we headed out to pick up the rental car and made a stop by the bank to pick up some ones and fives; apparently we will need a good supply while we are in Ecuador. After that we went back to storage and hitched Serena back up to the trailer. I think she knew we were leaving her for awhile as she protested a little when Mike was putting her up on blocks, but she went with it eventually. The last thing we did was open all the cupboards in the trailer and disconnect Serenas battery, then we headed for Miami. It was quite sad leaving the truck and trailer all parked up, but at least we left them in a safe place with lots of shelter from the weather, and Serena can have a rest for a few months.
We drove south towards the airport for about 3 hours down the turnpike; this was the first toll we have paid since we’ve been in Florida and we’ve been here almost two months, not bad going. We had booked a hotel along the I95 in Jensen Beach and we checked in there late this afternoon. It’s quite nice, easy to get to and clean; it’ll do just fine for one night.

Mike:Ready for a new chapter in the "Mike & Becc saga", South America here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment