Friday, September 23, 2011

Since we only had to make about a 20-mile drive to the next site today we were in no rush to get packed up this morning. As we were packing up it was like we’d not stopped for 7 months, it was easy to remember everything little thing that we had to do, and I discovered that I am still an expert toilet cleaner! As we were leaving we stopped off at the office and met Cassidy the labradoodle who was super cute (not anywhere near as gorgeous as Tal-y though), and spent a while talking to her, then we headed south on the 27 one more time.
Before we left Florida in January we were taking care of all our stuff and I fixed my cell phone password so I could check it from a different phone. Turned out I either didn’t fix it or I forgot the password so we had to stop at an AT&T store for them to change my password; I also needed to add international texting and calling back onto my phone. As we were a still a little early to check in Mike decided to stop on the way to the camp ground and we spent the next 2+ hours with the guys from AT&T. It was well worth it though, as I got back the texting package that they originally said I couldn’t have, got the international calling back, and got a brand spanking new phone with internet – at last I’ve moved into the 21st century. It’s excellent, now I just have to figure out how to use it.
When we finally got to check in there was nobody else in line, which was a whole different experience than previous ones we’d had at this place. Last time we were here the place was full to bursting, and although there are some folks here now there are more open spaces than full ones; I guess the heat and the bugs keep people away till later next month. We parked the trailer on the same site that we had last time. Everything looks the same, maybe a little sandier and there are some lovely purple berries on the trees, but otherwise it’s like we were here just yesterday. We got unhitched and discovered that we had two little hitchhikers with us – the little green frogs – I hope they make it to the water.
After having a late lunch we spent the rest of the day relaxing in the air conditioning cos it’s still too bloody hot.

Mike: You got a new phone, now learn to use it! I can't wait to leave this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment