Monday, October 31, 2011

Yesterday we drove around some more looking at the different areas between here and Austin. We went southwest this time and checked out Halletsville, Shiner, and Gonzales (where the first shots of the Texas Revolution were fired). They were nice areas but not really places I could see myself living, mostly because they were miles from anywhere. We did look at another house along the way and it wasn’t bad but to get to it we had to drive a few miles through other folks’ trashy gardens and driveways – it wasn’t anything I wanted to be looking at everyday.
Today we were supposed to be off again in another direction to do some more fact finding but I didn’t want to go so we stayed home. Mike thinks I get defeated too quickly and no doubt he’s right but I haven’t really seen anything in the last few days that makes me think I want to settle down in Texas, at least not in this part of the state. We’ll keep looking, it is a big country after all.

Mike: Remember the Alamo!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment