Sunday, November 27, 2011

On the road today for a few hours heading further south to Apache Junction, Arizona. The drive wasn’t long but was mostly along the freeway. While we were driving I looked up the park we were heading to. We already knew that it was a senior park which meant that one of us had to be over 60, but when I was reading about the park I learned that the other half of the couple had to be 45+ and well I’m not there yet. So when we got just down the road from the front gate mike pulled into a gas station and made me get in the trailer while he drove into the park. As it turned out there was no one manning the front entrance when we checked in so we were safe; I’m going to have to keep a low profile for the next few days in case they ask us to leave.
Since there was nobody in the office Mike checked the notice board for check in info and found a short list of spaces that we could park in. We drove around and checked them out and finally found one that will work for the few days that we are here. This is a little bit different than the parks we usually stay at, ok a lot different. I think this is the first one of this kind that I’ve stayed at, there are more permanent mobile homes than anything else with some RV’s scattered in between them. It seems that all the old people from the north of the US and Canada come here for the cold 6 months of the year then close up the mobile homes and head back home for the summer. It’ll be ok for now but it’s not really anyplace I’d want to spend any length of time.

Mike: This a senior mobile home park and were just "trailer trash"!

No comments:

Post a Comment