Friday, March 30, 2012

I think we are almost done. We have been here in Menifee now for almost two weeks and I think we are about ready for when we leave. We have gotten everything we need out of our storage spaces; we had planned to get all our stuff in to one unit but it wasn’t happening so we now have two 5’ x 5’ storage lockers. We did move a lot of things into the trailer and also gave a lot to The Salvation Army but we still have stuff left and I just can’t get rid of anymore. I think we have to make one more trip to drop the final bits and pieces of there and then we are done.
Today Mike got almost all the remainder of his chores done, he put shelves in the bathroom and vents on the roof; all that’s left to do now is hook up the TV in the bedroom. He had planned on taking care of that today but it’s a little more complicated than it should be as our TV is a little big so he has to do some more thinking. I’m not sure we really need it actually since we will rarely watch TV in there, if ever. All his other chores are done, the truck bed is all sorted, underneath storage is all sorted, and the inside of the trailer is set; only problem I have is that I don’t have enough things to fill all the cupboards, but I’m sure that can be rectified as we start traveling again.
We have spent the rest of our time here so far catching up with friends and family which is always great, and making new friends in the form of the resident ducks and geese. They are getting a little too familiar though and now they stand on our mat at the bottom of the steps and call to us through the screen – they are eating me out of house and home.

Mike: The geese are a little pushy!



No comments:

Post a Comment