Friday, March 2, 2012


We woke up this morning to a temperature of 18 degrees and about an inch of new snow. The temperature has managed to drag itself up to the mid 20's by around noon and that was about as far as it got. The sun was shining most of the morning though and it melted most of the snow off the roads.
Mike finally broke out the wellies that we have been carrying around with us for months and went out to check on Xena; she needed a bit of warming up but otherwise she's great. Mike was actually more concerned about making sure the satellite dish was clear of snow than he was about Xena; I'm glad he has his priorities right.
We haven't done too much of anything else today, Mike is sorting out our old computer because he has the time and we have free Internet, and I'm just dossing about. I did manage to take a shower; I had decided that I wasn't going to till we got back to temperatures that were more appropriate for taking my clothes off, but I couldn't stand dirty me for longer than 24 hours. I don't know how people dry camp for long periods, I need a nice hot shower at least once a day.
I also just managed to put my wellies and bobble hat on and take a stroll to the trash. It's actually not that cold out, or doesn't feel that cold anyway, but I was only out there for about 5 minutes. Now it's back to doing nothing for the rest of the day and watching the thermometer - we are looking forward to 11 degrees tonight, brrr.

Mike:What's a California boy doing here? Pass the wine bottle!


No comments:

Post a Comment