Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Since we’ve been here I’ve been really good and have been getting up early (because Mike makes sooo much noise when he gets up it’s hard to stay sleeping) and going walking. I went this morning, and after I got back Mike decided that today would be a good day to walk to the waterfall that is somewhere on the 300+ acres that belong to the park. Well since I was already sweaty I figured why not, so off we went. I was actually a nice walk, past the horses and the wagons, and off up the side of the mountain. It wasn’t too far to walk but it was a little steep and really uneven in places, and sometimes I forget just how old Mike really is; actually I don’t think it has anything to do with his age, he’s just so flipping awkward and a bit heavy footed. But he did fine. I stayed in front of him most of the way so that if he fell (and it sounded like he did a number of times) he wouldn’t land on me. The walk was nice, along a trail that ran alongside and over a stream/river, and the waterfall was really pretty when we eventually found it; it wasn’t that hard to find really as it was in a box canyon so we couldn’t go wrong. It was very peaceful with the only sound being the water falling over and onto the rocks. It was also nice and cool, a good few degrees lower than when we started as the sides of the canyon blocked the sun. I doubt whether most of the oldies that RV make the walk but I’m glad we did, and Mike managed it without falling on his face, yeah.

Mike: Becc, I didn't fall and I'm light footed just like a little fairy!


No comments:

Post a Comment