Thursday, August 30, 2012


We spent this morning just hanging around the trailer drinking coffee and not doing much else. After lunch we headed south to Mt. Vernon as I had an appointment with an eye doctor at 4 this afternoon. We got to town a little early so we did some shopping first and then Mike dropped me at the eye doctor where I checked in a little early and had a seat.
Forty-five minutes later I was still sitting and I pulled out my phone that I’d put on vibrate to tell Mike I was going to be a while longer. When I looked at the phone I had a message, it was from the eye doctor reminding me that I had an appointment at 4. There I was sitting in their waiting room and they were calling me to find out where I was – bloody hell! After I informed them that I knew I had a four o’clock appointment and that was why I was in their waiting room I was seen fairly quickly – surprise surprise. At least everything is good with my eyesight and I don’t have to have another check-up for a year.  Because we were so late leaving the doctor, we decided to stop and have Mexican food for dinner, so there was a silver lining after all.

Mike: Any port in a storm, especially if it's a Mexican port!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment