Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Well our first week is over and it seems as though both of us survived. We spent day three and four stowing our little hearts out – who knew Amazon sold so much stuff, and in every size shape and colour imaginable. I don’t think it’s going to be so bad for the weeks that we are here, although I’m glad we get to finish at Christmas and that I don’t have to do this for the long haul. The work is hard on our bodies, as there’s lots of walking and bending and crouching and such, but the worst part is that the work is very repetitive and super boring. I am glad that we are stowing though as for the most part we get left alone to do what needs to be done, and other than doing safety checks at every possible moment nobody really bothers us. At least we’ve met some cool people who make it fun and I have seen all kinds of items that need to be added to my Christmas list. Most of the people who work there permanently are very friendly and willing to answer the multitude of questions that we have during any given hour, and at the end of the day we are earning a little cash, so it’s not all bad.

Mike: I was thinking this might might be my next career!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment