Saturday, July 31, 2010

Packed up in the rain this morning; I think this was the first time it’s actually rained while we’ve been getting ready, we’ve had it easy so far I guess. Sturgeon Bay was a bit of a bust, not because of the place itself but because after getting everything taken care of with the trailer we didn’t really have time to do the things we wanted to. I suppose we can head back this direction at some point in the future.
We drove into Illinois today to Belvidere, which is about an hour west of Chicago. The campsite is right on Mosquito Creek and I think every mozzie in the State of Lincoln lives here, they are everywhere, along with little white moths that flutter up from the grass when you walk through it. The place is probably nice if it was possible to stay outside long enough to enjoy it. Mike got all set up in about five minutes flat, the less time spent outside the fewer bites. Tal-y and I braved the nasty buggers for a while this afternoon to play outside but paid for it later; they even bit me, the cheek.

Mike: I know why Abraham Lincoln had a beard-to keep the skeeters off his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment