Friday, July 30, 2010

We had to be up early this morning to pack everything up so Mike could take the trailer to the garage by 7. The original plan was that I would go with him but he offered for me to stay behind at the campsite with Tal-y. I was glad to stay behind since I hadn’t been looking forward to hanging around outside the garage for who knows how long with the dog. So he drove off at 6.40 and left Tal-y and me with a rug, and ice chest and a chair; I had a feeling it was going to be a long day. Tal-y and I walked for a while and then pretty much just hung out on the rug. I did put up her tent but she refused to go in it, preferring to chase the flies around. It was not much fun being absolutely homeless for a few hours and was glad when Mike pulled back into our space about noon since I’m sure the people driving past must have thought I was very, very sad.
Everything got fixed, the tyres, the brakes, and even the cap was replaced. Mike even managed to talk the mechanic into fixing the truck brakes since it was attached to the trailer and couldn’t go anywhere. Hopefully that’s everything sorted for a little while. We decided not to unhitch the truck since we are leaving in the morning and so this afternoon we walked to a local winery for a look around. This area produces lots of fruity wines (grapes don’t grow so well here) and there are a number of small wineries here. We toured the winery, which is housed in an old school house, and got to see the wine making process. We tasted a few of the wines, a chocolate one amongst them, which was good. We didn’t buy any of the wine but did leave with a pound and a half of homemade fudge that was just too good a deal to leave behind. It should last us a long while but probably won’t!

Mike: Ah, back to normal. Yumm, fudge!

No comments:

Post a Comment