Sunday, November 21, 2010

I didn’t do much of anything today just chores around the trailer while Mike got the rest of our reservations sorted out (or as sorted as they can be with no phone service). We are mostly booked now through the end of February, which is hopefully when we will be heading to Ecuador for a few months. This should be the last booking Mike has to do till at least the end of next year, except for finding some place to put the trailer in storage. Now we just have to figure out how to get Tal-y to the Wales and book tickets to Ecuador.
This afternoon I drove the truck on roads other than those in the trailer parks for the first time since we left San Diego, and I might also be the last time for a while unless I’m by myself. We had to take some movies back to a RedBox about 20 minutes from where we are staying and Mike had had a drink and so couldn’t drive. I got to drive and listen to him moan about my driving the whole way there and back. Actually it wasn’t so much the moaning that was the problem but the flinching and the foot mashing that got to me. It was like he thought I was a bad driver or something!
Tal-y and I took a lovely walk along the beach this evening (mostly to calm my nerves after the ‘pleasant’ drive) and she wasn’t too afraid of the lapping water although she didn’t really want to get to close. Do rivers have tides? The last time we came down to the river there was no beach, now today there’s a beach about three feet wide. Maybe it has something to do with the gorgeous full moon that’s in the sky tonight.

Mike: Its enough to put me off drinking!






No comments:

Post a Comment