Monday, November 22, 2010


Mike went over to the lodge early this morning to use the landline there to call the RV repair guy and it turned out that he could come out today; he got here just about lunchtime and was here for about 2 hours. He fixed the electric thingy that heats the water, which will save us having to use the gas, he also did something to the back of the fridge. Apparently the fridge we have had a recall a while back, something about something inside getting hot and catching fire or something; anyway he put that right. And he gave us a brand spanking new cranker that should make hitching up so much easier. The one we had on there was bent and the guts were all ruined and that’s why when we turned it nothing was really happening. I hope he’s right and the problem was with the winder, and not with the folk doing the winding! He didn’t fix the antenna as Mike had already taken care of that himself. While he was here Tal-y and I had to wander aimlessly around the park as Tal-y is not very well behaved when someone is walking around our space, she always seems to think they are moving in on her territory. It was quite a long two hours as it's been so hot here, but definitely worth it to have everything in working order and we actually didn’t have to wander for the whole time as Tal-y chilled out on the patio after realizing the man was doing good.
We also defrosted the fridge and freezer today. It needed doing, I now have another whole shelf in the fridge which was unusable before the defrost as the ice was so thick in the top of the fridge. We had hoped that the fix the repair guy did would correct the problem of the fridge freezing but it didn’t, he told us our thermostat needs to be replaced to correct that issue. I guess for right now we’ll carry on eating frozen lettuce and drinking icy milk. I’m just grateful for the things he did fix.
After the repair guy left I used the oven in the trailer to make something other than baked potatoes. We are going to Dana’s for Thanksgiving and I want to take a pecan pie with us but I want it to be edible so today I made a practice pie. I cheated a little as I bought the piecrust ready done; I think baby steps are called for, maybe I’ll make pastry next Thanksgiving. Anyway the pie had to cook a little longer than the recipe called for but it turned out just fine; at least I think it’s fine as there’s only half a pie left right now.

Mike: Your starting to talk like the people here! Ya'al!


No comments:

Post a Comment