Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Tal-y, three years old today.
After feeding Tal-y some scrambled egg for her birthday breakfast it was laundry day again (which included puked on rugs). I’m glad I saved it (the rugs have been sitting outside since Sunday) as I needed to get out of the trailer while Mike spent half the day on the phone with a LAN airline rep trying to book our tickets to Ecuador. The website wouldn’t let him complete the transaction so he ended up having to call; he got to chat with a nice man named Rodolpho. I don’t know whether Rodolpho is Ecuadorian but Mike seemed to be saying sorry and excuse me a lot, and all the information he had to provide he gave it all at least three times. It’s gonna be fun having conversations while we are down there, which reminds me I really need to get on with learning Spanish.
Well it looks like we have plane tickets round trip to Ecuador from Miami, with two internal flights while we are there. Rodolpho is supposed to be sending a confirmation email to Mike; it was supposed to arrive within 20 minutes but he’s still waiting three hours later. He has managed to locate a couple of hotels for us to stay at, and I double checked with him that they are not motels; I don’t really want to stay anyplace where we have to pay by the hour!

Mike: That's the hardest I have ever worked to by plane tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment