Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We took a drive into Leesburg today to take a look at the Morning Glori Antique Mall. We have been seeing signs everywhere advertising this place, 60 dealers and lots of square feet, but the reality didn’t live up to the giant billboards. I was hoping to find some antique jewellery as Mike owes me a present I think, but I didn’t find anything I liked, or even anything antique. It was a biggish converted house with lots of sections selling mostly junk. Maybe I just don’t have the eye, but mostly it was glass and ceramics with a little furniture and some linen thrown in. But just because someone tells me it’s old on a slip of paper doesn’t make it antique does it? I was a little disappointed but I should know better since something that is antique in this part of the world is anything that is more than ten minutes old.
After eating a lovely Mexican we had a much more productive shopping experience when we stopped at Russell Stover Chocolate outlet store on the way home. We finally broke down and went in after having driven past it a half dozen times in the past week. It is a huge warehouse selling nothing but chocolate and it’s the good kind of chocolate; they even had samples. We did show some restraint you’ll be glad to hear and only bought a few things; it was actually quite difficult as things were priced to sell and what better things to spend money on than Pecan Delights.

Mike: Antiques, my foot! Ah, Chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment