Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today it’s raining so we are staying home and vegetating. Tal-y and I just got back from taking the trash to the dumpster which is on the other side of the park. It stopped raining and I thought it would be a good time for her to take a piddle. Turns out it wasn’t such a good time, we got half way to the trash when the heavens opened. I managed to drag her a little way further but then she sat under a tree and refused to walk anymore. I had to leave her under the tree and take the trash the rest of the way by myself. When I was heading back to her she looked just about the saddest I’ve ever seen her, the water was running off her and her head was all ducked down like she couldn’t quite believe this dreadful thing was happening to her. She looked like I’d just told her that I’d changed my mind and she couldn’t go visit Rosie, it was that sad. As soon as I got back to her and started walking towards the trailer she was up and off at a trot. The rain by this point was so bad that Mike actually drove the truck to come pick us up. Since we both had water running out of our clothes (Tal-y would have if she’d been wearing her hoodie), there wasn’t much point in getting Serena all wet so we sucked it up and walked home.
After drying off, Tal-y got into bed and decided that if I couldn’t see her then I couldn’t make her go out in the rain again. I guess her doggy date with Lucy the Irish Setter is off tonight!

Mike: You poor things! I think I'm going to cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment