Monday, April 11, 2011

I was a good girl this morning, I got out off bed early and went to yoga while Mike went and hung out at the bookstore - he likes it there cos there are lots of people for him to socialize with! While he was chatting and making new friends I was getting bendy. There was just me and Dan in class this morning and he is much more advanced than me so he got to rock around on his head with his legs in the air while I didn't; can't wait till I'm able to though, and thank your lucky stars Mike doesn't get to take pictures of me doing it.
After the class had finished I walked to the bookstore to meet Mike and went and did a little shopping. Today was not the usual shopping in the markets and stores but rather at street vendors who are in the city from Otavalo. Tomorrow is Cuenca's 454th birthday and so over the weekend and through tomorrow there have been parades and street vendors everywhere. The people come from north of Quito and set up there stalls and sell some of the most beautiful and colourful clothes, textiles, and artwork imaginable. The whole streets are alive with colour and all the ladies are dressed to the nines in their traditional dress. We got some really nice things and Mike haggled for them; it's embarrassing sometimes but they don't seem to mind at all. I bought a headband but may have to get another one as Mike has taken a liking to it.



We headed home for a while to drop off our stuff before heading off the Inca Lounge for veggie tacos, and then the ice-cream store for well ice-cream. Mike had to pop into the dentist to get his temporary teeth re-glued and then we wandered the street vendors some more and listened to some loud Latin music, and some not so loud but hauntingly lovely typical Ecuadorian pipe music played by a street group.




Mike: Yum, Ice Cream! Yum, veggie tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment