Friday, April 22, 2011

I went to yoga this morning and Mike, well I don’t really know what he does for the hour that I’m yogaing, but afterwards he met me and we walked to Parque Calderon just in time to see the start of the Good Friday parade. It wasn't a very big one, I guess that takes place in Quito, but there were a number of floats (I don’t really know what else to call them) being carried by people in robes that looked like Monks. There was a priest walking and every so often the whole parade would stop and the priest would speak (in Spanish so I don’t know what was being said) and then the rest of the people following would respond – maybe they were saying Mass? Anyway we watched while they all walked past us and they headed to one of the other squares in the city and had a service in the square.
We spent the rest of the morning wandering around before having lunch and heading home.

Mike: I don't know what I do either! Is "yogaing" really a word?













No comments:

Post a Comment