Saturday, April 16, 2011

We didn't get a very early start this morning but when we did get going we walked into the old city a different way than usual which meant we got to see streets that we haven't before. While we were wandering we found the perfect house, it's bright and airy, and we can probably get it really cheap. Seriously, looking around today there are lots of places in the old town that are for rent or for sale so when we come back it's probably not going to be a problem finding something that is perfect for us.


After having soup for lunch (Mike had soup, I had Mac and cheese), we went to buy me a blanket. I fell asleep on our lovely comfy sofa yesterday afternoon and when I woke up I was like a block of ice; on the off chance that I fell asleep again I wanted to be prepared. So we visited the stalls of the Otovalan folks and managed, after a little haggling, to get me a lovely warm alpaca blanket. The young lady wanted $22.00 for it but Mike managed to get her to take $17.00; it still feels weird but I guess it's just the thing to do. Now I can sleep in warmth.



Mike: I make good haggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment