Friday, May 6, 2011

It's been another fairly quiet week this week, same old same old; we got some things taken care off but mostly we just did the usual, oh and we ate a lot (or is that the usual?).
We were walking around the market today and saw a man with a bunch of goats. He 'parks' them on the side of the road and if anyone wants milk he just milks them right there. I had read that this happens but these were the first goats I've seen since we've been here.



I finally bought a panama hat this week; I've been looking for one for ages but couldn't find one that was just right. I must have tried on about 300 since we've been here and still didn't really like any of them. I found a really nice blue one but when I was trying it on my hands turned the same colour as the hat. I didn't think it would be a good idea to get that one as I didn't really want a blue line around my forehead. I like the one I have, and I didn't have to buy as big a size as I thought I would; all the hats I've tried on have been 60 or 61 (which is muy grande) but mine is a nice petite 59.

Mike: Right, I'm a nice petite 58!

I also now know my blood type, I'm 'A' Positivo. We had to go to the Cruz Rojo to have it typed, we walked up to a little window, the lady there stuck me with a big metal object and took several drops of my blood - it was just that simple. The hard part was Mike's as the lady had questions to fill out on her register and she asked them all in Spanish. He managed to answer them all correctly - well she let us leave so at least I think he did!
On the way home this afternoon we stopped at the store for Mike to buy a bottle of Zhumir (local alcohol) but when we got to the checkout the guy there told us we couldn't buy it. In fact, there were no alcohol sales yesterday until next Monday as there is a referendum (election) being held tomorrow and the sale of alcohol has been prohibited. Pretty strange I think, would they try that in the States?
Today is a year since I finished work and we left San Diego - time certainly does fly. I'm really glad we did it as we have had a great 12 months and I've been to places that I never thought I'd get to see. I still miss everyone from work and I'm glad that I still get to talk to them; I can't wait to see them all later this year. First though we have to go to Wales as I miss my gorgeous girl and off course the rest of my gorgeous family (Mike can't wait to see everyone either!)

Mike: I miss everyone too, especially my little Tal-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment