Friday, April 29, 2011

Well we haven’t done anything these past few days that is exciting enough to write about. We’ve mostly just been going to our Spanish lessons and finishing up my Christmas shopping; I think I’m mostly done now, I just have a couple of things to get when we are in Miami. It’s still a little over two weeks till we leave Cuenca but both Mike and I are ready to leave now. Since visiting the attorney and finding out that we can’t come back here until next February we both feel ready to go; there’s not a whole lot we can do here, as there’s not much point looking for someplace to live until we get back. So now we are just passing the time and waiting to visit Wales for four months.
This morning after yoga I had to rush back to the dentist to get my polishing done – I even passed up my cup of tea so I could get there on time. Dentista Paula did a cracking job of making my pearly white pearly white, although she did try and choke me several times during the process. She used some kind of gritty mixture on the end of an electric toothbrush to polish them, but that wasn't the problem. Since she works alone, the tube that sucks the saliva out of your mouth that the assistant usually holds just got stuck in the side of my mouth. If it wasn't trying to work it’s way down my throat it was trying really hard to suck my tongue into the end of the tube. Both the dentist and Mike thought it was quite funny every time I gagged on the stupid thing, but at least now my teeth are sparkling.

Mike: Way down your throat? What a whiner!

No comments:

Post a Comment