Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Well after 4 months in South Wales the day for us to leave finally arrived. Our flight was from Gatwick at 1pm so we left early this morning and it was horrible having to say goodbye to mam, dad and Rosie, and especially my gorgeous girl. There were lots of tears and hugs before we bundled into the car and set off; I’m not sure when we are going to be back. The ride to Gatwick was uneventful, at least it was for me as I slept almost the whole way; there were more tears when we said goodbye to dad at the airport. After a little luggage rejigging (for the first time ever they weighed our hand luggage) we got our bags checked in and got through security. Then there was the long wait until we were called for boarding. The flight wasn’t too bad, longer than I thought but ok’ for some reason I though the flight was only 6 hours, turns out it was actually 9. I slept some of the way and then watched movies with Mike for some of the time; and of course we ate. We had ‘lovely’ asian vegetarian meals which included salad with no dressing (you only get dressing on the flights from the US, not to the US!) and fruit – why is it that if you order a vegetarian meal it is automatically assumed that you want fruit for desert – I WANT CHOCOLATE PUDDING!
When we got off the plane in Orlando and got to customs we just breezed through with about a dozen other ‘americans’; turns out almost all the folks on the plane were British, probably heading to Disney World. We got our bags and picked up the rental car and headed out of town; I don’t remember it being this hot and humid when we left here last February. The drive to the motel took us about an hour and a half, with a little detour to pick up pizza. By the time we got to the motel it was already dark but we noticed Bees RV Resort about 100 yards back south so we should get a nice early start on the trailer tomorrow morning.

Mike: I caught up on some of the movies I hadn't seen and Becc won't watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment