Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finally left behind Arizona today and made it back into California at long last. The trip along the I8 was not very long but was very windy and dusty; it was also quite a climb for Serena too as we crossed the mountains before dropping down into Yuma. Although we did cross the Californian border today we are for all intents and purposes still in Arizona. Our park, Pilot Knob (I think I’d have to change the name if I lived here) is in California but still on Mountain Time, so as we drive to and from Yuma we’ll gain and then lose an hour. It’s kind of dumb really since everything else here is on PST except for the park.




It’s an ok park, easy access from the freeway (it’s going to be noisy), and nice flat sites, even if they are a little close together; that shouldn’t be a problem though since there aren’t that many people here. In fact I think there are more people dry camping in the desert just across the street from us – rather them than me, I like my shower!
We drove back into Winterhaven proper this afternoon to pick up our mail and it’s a good job we went since you can only pick it up between 2 and 3 in the afternoon, then we headed into Yuma for lunch.

Mike: Back to California after a year and one-half! I wonder, is that a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment