Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our last move before Christmas today from Jamul to Menifee. It wasn’t a bad drive straight up the I15 then to the I215 for a few miles. We stayed at this park when we first joined Thousand Trails and it’s not too bad. It is right next to a dairy farm so there are some smells that waft over occasionally, but nothing too awful.
We got checked in around 10.30 and drove around for a while looking for a space. We found a nice big pull through one and even though it’s not right on the water (Mike will survive), it’s a nice spot. It’s actually a lot quieter here than I thought it would be but I’m sure it’ll fill up in time for Christmas.
It didn’t take us too long to get set up, but it took a little longer than usual as we had visitors the whole time, a lovely flock of geese and some little ducks. There are birds all over this park and they are really cheeky. I was putting the mat down and the geese were coming right up to me to see what I was doing. I don’t mind them but I don’t want them too close, especially when there are so many of them. And they are so noisy, honking away. I’m sure by the time we leave here we’ll be used to the noise and will probably miss it at the next park.

Mike: Becc, honk back at them, don't let them intimidate you!


After the geese moved on the storks came to visit, and the white one stood outside our door for about an hour; I’m not sure whether he wanted food or to have his picture taken some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment