Saturday, December 25, 2010


Merry Christmas to everybody, I hope you all got everything you wanted and had a lovely day.
I think this morning was the latest I have ever been in bed on Christmas morning, I didn’t get up till after 9. I got some great presents, some sparkly jewelery from Michael and a kool Kindle from mam and dad.
While I took Tal-y to the loo Mike got to work on trying to fix the leak in the bathroom. When I got back we had no water in the kitchen and mike looked like a drowned rat; turns out that while he was ‘fixing’ the sink the water blew and went everywhere – I’m glad I wasn’t here for that. He spent a while longer fixing and putting the taps back together but it still has a leak so it looks like we’ll have to get someone out to take a look at it next week. As a result of the leak I got to do laundry on Christmas day as Mike used our bath towels to mop the water off the bathroom floor, typical man.
I got to talk to my family this morning for a while and it sounded like everyone was having a good time; I miss them, especially at this time of the year. I may have shed a tear or two after talking to them all. Not that I miss the welsh winter weather but I wish we could have been over there for the holidays, maybe next year, or maybe everyone can come visit us in Ecuador.
This afternoon Mike and I took Tal-y for a walk around the park in some lovely 70-degree weather. We walked down to the lake and finally got Tal-y out on the pier. Up till now she would get to the metal part of the pier and turn round and run back to the beach. Today she made it all the way to the end, it was a Christmas miracle that may have had something to do with the fact that I carried her.
We got some good news from Romania, well actually Hungary, baby Abigail arrived and both she and Tiffiny are doing fine. Congratulations to you guys.
Tal- y ate more than her fair share of mashed spuds for dinner and is now lying on the bed unable to move; she is definitely welsh, potatoes in any shape or form are her favourite food. Mike and I also ate a lush dinner, tofurky, mashed potato, veggies and gravy. It’s just a shame that the Lakers couldn’t beat Miami.

Mike: Nice Christmas day! Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment