Monday, January 17, 2011

We got up early this morning even though it was raining quite a lot and headed to Webster to a giant flea market. It probably would have been a good idea to go on a day when it wasn’t raining, but since it’s only there on Mondays it had to be today. It is listed on some websites as being a top ten attraction of Florida, which is hard to believe given everything that is here, but it was pretty cool. And even with the bad weather it was huge with people selling everything from guns and knives to bacon bread. I think there were even some people who just woke up this morning and grabbed some stuff from their houses and brought it with them to sell – there was some real junk there. We wandered around for an hour or so but didn’t buy anything and then headed out to get some breakfast. I imagine that on a fine day you could spend the whole day at there just looking for treasure.
Since I blew my New Years resolution about two weeks ago I spent some of this afternoon catching up on this blog. Some others who shall remain nameless spent the afternoon catching up on their beauty sleep; I guess these early mornings don’t agree with everyone!

Mike: That's the largest collection of junk I've ever seen! It goes for miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment